26.1.11

hardly working

I've clearly been wasting too much of my time playing this stupid game called League of Legends....I haven't posted anything in over a week, despite the fact that I've barely had class all month.

I read this great book a while ago: Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. I just grabbed it off the shelf at the library so, you know, pleasant surprise, etc. Especially because it didn't end up being the literary equivalent of a Beatles song. Also, turns out it got made into a movie that came out in Japan last year (as in 2010...not 2009..) and the internet tells me it's getting a limited release in March in the US/UK. No word on Canada obviously. The score was written by Jonny Greenwood, which isn't actually that exciting, since I'm not some huge Radiohead nerd. Anyways, I'm hoping this hits the screens in my piddly little town because then I can see it and feel really elite about watching a film in a language that's not English. or French.

In other news, I have a history exam tomorrow and I guess I should start studying for it or something...
Louis XV: King of France from 1715-1774, huge money-waster. He was the one who apparently said "après moi, le déluge" which I only find interesting because it's referenced in a Regina Spektor song. ummm he became king at the age of 5 after the death of his great-grandfather Louis XIV because it took him (Louis XIV) so long to die that all his other heirs were already dead. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment