First post of February? Apparently. And first hockey post... But we live in Canada, I don't understand. I guess it's because SOME people are too busy lifting weights and playing HON to do the honourable thing and watch a few hockey games.
Disorganized hockey musings:
- I tuned into Coach's Corner tonight, hoping Don Cherry would amuse me with some inappropriate comments. He didn't say anything too outrageous, but he did start talking about those "foreigners," and he stated that all players who don't wear visors are tough. Right.
- Looking at the point totals of Brian Gionta, Daniel Alfredsson and, to a certain extent, Jarome Iginla, it's not a good year to be a Canadian team's captain. Just don't tell Henrik Sedin that, he doesn't seem to be aware.
- Speaking of Canadians and hockey, San Jose has a lot of Canadian players. They only have 4 non-Canadian forwards, and they're all American. The closest thing they have to a European forward is Dany Heatley. In total, they have 4 non-North American players (five if you count Heatley, which I don't): 2 Swedish defencemen and 2 Finnish goaltenders, one of whom is injured.
- Crosby still has no timeframe for a return from his concussion, and Malkin will likely miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL and MCL. Basically, good luck Pittsburgh.
- Angry Ehrhoff. I kind of love it. Almost as good as angry Samuelsson.
- I have nothing left to say, except how the hell is Nathan Gerbe allowed to play in games in which Zdeno Chara is also playing?